Saara's Political Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cooking tip of the month...(TURNING AN ART INTO SHLOCK PISSES ME OFF)

Go down

Cooking tip of the month...(TURNING AN ART INTO SHLOCK PISSES ME OFF) Empty Cooking tip of the month...(TURNING AN ART INTO SHLOCK PISSES ME OFF)

Post by Saara 11.01.12 16:52

When I see the art of cooking turned into some white trash puke fest, it makes me NUTZ...IE Lisa's "home made" salsa made with a bagged salsa mix, and Jhoffa_X's wife’s half baked (no pun intended) rib recipe
As long as we are on that subject..here is some info .
Once you wrap something in FOIL, you are not baking or roasting it….
I'll say that again......Once you wrap something in FOIL, you are not baking or roasting it

I have returned "baked potatoes” in restaurant that wee cooked in foil…because they were not BAKED, and it doesn’t matter if they were cooked in an oven or not

When you wrap something in foil, whether you add any liquid or not, you are STEAMING IT.
STEAMING is another word for BOILING

Not “poaching or braising, those are two very different things….BOILING

Boiling meat does several things, and unless you are making soup, none of it is good.
It breaks down the proteins and makes it nutritionally inert, and when wrapped in foil, “seals in” any foreign matter, (fecal matter, rancid blood, contaminants, etc) and when acidic lye or nitrate based additives hits the foil, it releases metalic toxins.

Note that his ‘recipe didn’t call for removal of the silver skin, membrane or any brining of the pork…GROSS !

Jus sayin
Saara
Saara
Admin

Back to top Go down