Saara's Political Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Byron Nuke Plant....would they have shut down if the Fed didn't require it ?

2 posters

Go down

Byron Nuke Plant....would they have shut down if the Fed didn't require it ? Empty Byron Nuke Plant....would they have shut down if the Fed didn't require it ?

Post by Saara 31.01.12 7:24

So the Byron nuclear power plant is like a stones throw from my front door right, I can see the cooling towers from the intersection of US 20 near my house.
They had a malfunction yesterday, had to release some steam to cool the core, and shut down the turbine.
They HAD to...why ?
One reason and one reason only, the NRC REQUIRED them to do so
Were this not the case, would they still have the turbine shut down, would we have even KNOWN about this "unusual incident" ? (an actual regulatory term)
According the three people I know personally who work there(2 Exelon employees and 1 sub contractor), it was unanimous, absolutely not.
Were it not for the regulation and inspection process, this would never have seen the light of day.
BIG GOVERNMENT?
Yeah, please give me a government big enough to have the authority to mandate a company like Exelon to account for any irregularity in a mechanism that if not highly scrutinized, could cause a disaster
Jus sayin...Tards
Saara
Saara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Byron Nuke Plant....would they have shut down if the Fed didn't require it ? Empty Re: Byron Nuke Plant....would they have shut down if the Fed didn't require it ?

Post by Lakeco 31.01.12 22:04

Saara wrote:So the Byron nuclear power plant is like a stones throw from my front door right, I can see the cooling towers from the intersection of US 20 near my house.
They had a malfunction yesterday, had to release some steam to cool the core, and shut down the turbine.
They HAD to...why ?
One reason and one reason only, the NRC REQUIRED them to do so
Were this not the case, would they still have the turbine shut down, would we have even KNOWN about this "unusual incident" ? (an actual regulatory term)
According the three people I know personally who work there(2 Exelon employees and 1 sub contractor), it was unanimous, absolutely not.
Were it not for the regulation and inspection process, this would never have seen the light of day.
BIG GOVERNMENT?
Yeah, please give me a government big enough to have the authority to mandate a company like Exelon to account for any irregularity in a mechanism that if not highly scrutinized, could cause a disaster
Jus sayin...Tards

Interesting that some people up in this this area don't fear a nuclear reactor that if it melted down, would make southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois uninhabitable for decades, but fear the idea of 140 terrorists being moved from Gitmo to Thomson Correctional Center locked in a maximum security facility, which would create as many or more jobs than the nuke plant
Lakeco
Lakeco

Back to top Go down