Saara's Political Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court decison was NOT just about Gay marrage

Go down

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court decison was NOT just about Gay marrage Empty The 9th U.S. Circuit Court decison was NOT just about Gay marrage

Post by Saara 07.02.12 22:07

For the record, I oppose gay marriage. I favor civil unions with identical rights and recognition as marriage . Marriage is a non secular institution (For you uneducated droolers who are clueless, that means religious) and government has NO place in that. In my perfect world,,,,, NO marriage, same or opposite sex would be government sanctioned. The government would recognize a civil union,,,,, and "marriage" is a civil matter for religion

With that said, I applaud the decision of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court .

Self contradictory ?
Nope

We are not a direct democracy. The constitution is not interpreted by referendum, thus all State referendums on constitutional issues are always subject to judicial review.

The 14th amendment guarantees equal protection under the law,,,,so even if I happen to disagree with government involvement in marriage, as long as it is involved, discrimination is illegal .

Finally, it's fun to watch the closet case homophobes and right wing bigots squirm .
Saara
Saara
Admin

Back to top Go down