Saara's Political Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will never forget this day

2 posters

Go down

I will never forget this day Empty I will never forget this day

Post by Saara 14.02.12 21:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMJDWl9LEI&feature=related

I found this video while looking for something else......This happened last may

Hubby was out of town, I was sitting in my living room reading and I heard the siren go off, I looked outside and the sky was green,,,,,,,I grabbed the dogs,,,,,took them to the basement,,,,turned on the TV and watched this broadcast,,,,,this station is less then 2 miles from my house. There is dead air from about the 6 second to the 50 second point, but after that they go to the basement of the studio and call this as it happened.

It tore the roof off my front porch, broke my kitchen window,,,,,, and took down my neighbor's tree. The entire village was trashed.

It touched up and down and skipped to the northeast and I was lucky,,,, the funnel cloud was on the ground to the south of me, was a shelf cloud when it passed over my house, and touched down again on the west side or Rockford and ended up breaking up over Machesney Park

If you have never been in a tornado, you have NO idea !!
Saara
Saara
Admin

Back to top Go down

I will never forget this day Empty Re: I will never forget this day

Post by Lakeco 14.02.12 22:23

Saara wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMJDWl9LEI&feature=related

I found this video while looking for something else......This happened last may

Hubby was out of town, I was sitting in my living room reading and I heard the siren go off, I looked outside and the sky was green,,,,,,,I grabbed the dogs,,,,,took them to the basement,,,,turned on the TV and watched this broadcast,,,,,this station is less then 2 miles from my house. There is dead air from about the 6 second to the 50 second point, but after that they go to the basement of the studio and call this as it happened.

It tore the roof off my front porch, broke my kitchen window,,,,,, and took down my neighbor's tree. The entire village was trashed.

It touched up and down and skipped to the northeast and I was lucky,,,, the funnel cloud was on the ground to the south of me, was a shelf cloud when it passed over my house, and touched down again on the west side or Rockford and ended up breaking up over Machesney Park

If you have never been in a tornado, you have NO idea !!

I was in my car at Auburn and North Main when that hit. I pulled into the Rathskeller and ran inside and huddled t the bar with like ten other people till it passed. I was afraid to see what my house would look like but when I got home, only minor damage.
Lakeco
Lakeco

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum